Making Institutional Health Care
Of available transfer devices, only ceiling lifts achieve “zero-lifting.” Only ceiling lifts therefore definitively and materially take cost out of the delivery of health care.
- Free up health care worker time.
- Reduce workers’ compensation premiums and penalties.
- Reduce the cost of health care provided to injured health care workers.
- Reduce the cost of health care worker overtime incurred to cover for injured colleagues.
- Reduce the agency cost of temporary health care workers to replace injured permanent workers.
- Reduce the cost of health care staff recruiting and training, incurred as institutions cope with turnover due to the occupational risk of injury.
- Enhance health care worker motivation.
- Reduce the need for institutional care in favor of home care.
- Reduce the need for visits by home care workers as the equipment enables family members to act as caregivers.